+ Baby groups: Greater Nanaimo
- Healthy Beginnings. For infants 0-6 months at Nanaimo health unit, 1665 Grant Ave. Facebook group “Nanaimo public health” for monthly calendar.
- Mother Goose. Through Nanaimo Parks and Recreation. Check out Nanaimo’s Recreation Guide or visit www.nanaimo.ca “Recreation and Parks- Activity Guide”
- “Baby Time”. Vancouver Island Library. Different times at various library locations. Check out www.virl.bc.ca “Programs and Events” or pick up the Library Events guide at your local branch.
- “New Mom’s, Dad’s, and Babies (up to 6 months) and “Building better babies”. Tillicum Lelum Aboriginal Health Centre. Provides childminding and transportation. Welcomes all ethnicities. Phone 250-753-6578.
- Healthy Beginnings. For infants 0-12 months at Ladysmith Community Health Centre: 1111-4th Ave. Rm 118.
- Mother Goose. Infant and Toddler classes (newborn to age 3). Facebook www.facebook.com/ladysmithmothergoose
- Autismbc community group. Offers monthly family meetings. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Teresa at 1-888-437-0880 ext 106
- Baby and Me. Parksville Public Health. Family Place Parksville. Only available by referral to those who meet criteria for program.
- Tic Tak. Parksville. Through SOS (society of organized services). Website www.sosd69.com/component/zoo/item/tic-tac
- You Matter too - Mom Support Group (Parksville). Offered by the Nurture Collective. By donation. Website www.thenurturecollective.ca
- Mid-island babywearers. Facebook group and meet-ups.
- Stroller bootcamp. Balance Works Fitness. Website www.bootcampnanaimo.com. Facebook page “Balance Works Fitness”.
- Baby Group (Parksville). Offered by the Nurture Collective. Website www.thenurturecollective.ca
- Mom and Baby yoga
- Inhale Yoga Studio. Meghan Marr. Prenatal, Mom and Baby Yoga. Phone 250-327-1688. Email Meghan.email@example.com
- The Nurture Collective (Parksville). Prenatal, Mom and Baby Yoga, Kids Yoga. Website www.thenurturecollective.ca
- Reed Family Wellness Centre. Prenatal, Mom and Baby Yoga. Website reedfamilywellness.com/yoga-classes/
+ Parenting support
- FREE Pre-school activities (Children 5 and under) that you can bring the baby along
- Strong Start BC. Various schools around Nanaimo and Ladysmith. Website: www.sd68.bc.ca
- Munchkinland. Family Place in Parksville. Website www.oblt.ca/programs/munchkinlands
- Ladysmith Friends and Family Centre (LAFF). Weekly morning and afternoon drop-in activities throughout the year. Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/LadysmithFamilyandFriends/
- Local Groups and Online
- Triple P Positive Parenting Program. Website www.triplepvip.ca, Facebook “triple P- VIP Positive Parenting Program”.
- “Nanaimo Mom’s Swap and Shop”. Facebook.
- “Parents looking for childcare on vancouver island”. Facebook.
- “What’s up for Nanaimo and area families”. Facebook.
- Parent Support Group. The Nurture Collective (parksville). Website www.thenurturecollective.ca
- Aha! Parenting
- www.newdadmanual.ca A site for dads, By dads.
- Toddlers first steps- a best chance guide to parenting your 6 to 36 month old.
These resources are provided for informational purposes only. We do not make any endorsements or guarantee with regard to any particular resource or service. Please provide feedback about this resource list to firstname.lastname@example.org